New In-Game Experiences Offer Players and Moviegoers More Ways to Immerse Themselves in the Pokémon Universe Starting May 7
In celebration of the upcoming release of the first-ever live-action Pokémon adventure, “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu,” in cinemas beginning May 10, The Pokémon Company International, in collaboration with Niantic, Inc., Warner Bros. Pictures, and Legendary Pictures, announced a variety of movie-inspired in-game activities and content coming soon to Pokémon GO. Players can look forward to catching a Pikachu wearing a detective hat after getting photobombed by the Pokémon, more encounters with select Pokémon featured in the film, special Raid Battles and Field Research, and more.
“POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” has generated significant buzz among fans and movie goers. The highly anticipated film will premiere in UK cinemas on May 10, 2019, and across additional markets throughout, North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Pacific starting this month.
“We’re excited for fans around the world to immerse themselves in the latest Pokémon adventure with ‘POKÉMON Detective Pikachu,’” said J.C. Smith, senior director of consumer marketing at The Pokémon Company International. “We look forward to celebrating the first live-action film with fun new experiences in Pokémon GO.”
From May 7 through May 17, 2019, the following content will be available in Pokémon GO for a limited time:
- Detective Hat Pikachu Photobomb—While using GO Snapshot, fans may get photobombed by a Pikachu wearing a detective hat and then be able to catch the Pokémon.
- More Encounters with Pokémon Seen in the Movie—Pokémon such as Bulbasaur, Jigglypuff, Psyduck, Aipom, and Snubbull, among others, will appear more frequently in the game. Players may also have opportunities to catch Shiny Aipom.
- Special Raid Battles and Field Research—Players will be able to participate in Raid Battles that challenge Pokémon with starring roles in the film, as well as movie-inspired Field Research.
- New Avatar Items—Fans will be able to customize their in-game avatars with movie-themed items, including a detective hat with Pikachu ears and a T-shirt featuring the “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” logo.
To learn more about the movie-inspired in-game content, watch the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IclGJipLBBA. For additional details about Pokémon GO, visit pokemongolive.com. More information about “POKÉMON Detective Pikachu” can be found at www.detectivepikachumovie.comand www.pokemon.com/uk/.
Date published: 07/05/19
Written by: Joseph Opoku
Source: (1) Indigo Pearl
Follow my social media
- Follow my Facebook page for updates
- Follow the blog’s Twitter for more updates
- Follow the blog’s Instagram