Gal Gadot shared a picture on set, for the sequel to the Wonder Woman movie, called Wonder Woman 1984. Gal Gadot will be reprising her role as Wonder Woman.Wonder Woman 1984 (stylized as WW84) is an upcoming American superhero film based on the DC Comics character Wonder Woman. It is intended to be the sequel to 2017’s Wonder Woman and the eighth installment in the DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The film is directed by Patty Jenkins, with a screenplay by Geoff Johns, David Callaham, and Jenkins, from a story written by Johns and Jenkins. It stars Gal Gadot as the titular character, with Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, and Pedro Pascal as supporting characters. It is the fourth live-action theatrical film featuring the character, following Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Wonder Woman(2017), and Justice League (2017), and will be the second full-length feature film centered around the character.
The premise for this Wonder Woman sequel is that Diana Prince comes into conflict with the Soviet Union during the Cold War in the 1980s, and finds a formidable foe in Barbara Ann Minerva as an antagonist. The main cast consists of:
- Gal Gadot as Diana Prince / Wonder Woman:
- An immortal demigoddess, Amazonian princess, and warrior. Prince is the daughter of the Amazonian Queen of Themyscira, Hippolyta, and the Olympian King of the Old Gods, Zeus.
- Chris Pine as Steve Trevor:
- An American pilot and the love interest of Diana, who had presumably died during World War I.
- Kristen Wiig as Barbara Ann Minerva / Cheetah:
- A British anthropologist who, after locating the lost city of Urzkartagan and stumbling into an ancient ritual, becomes the avatar of their Cheetah god. Cheetah is set to be the primary antagonist in the film.
Additionally, Pedro Pascal will feature in the film as a prominent undisclosed role.
Date published: 11/06/18
Written by: Joseph Opoku
Source: (1) Gal Gadot [Twitter]
Follow my social media