Paul George + PlayStation: Introducing the PG-2 PlayStation Colorway new basketball shoes for the American market
PlayStation just stay innovating the well-known business in the video game industry, just announced their latest collaboration with the NBA specifically the professional basketball player Paul George who is an American professional basketball for Oklahoma City Thunder of the National Basketball Association. Paul George is a four-time NBA All-Star and has been awarded the All-NBA and NBA All-Defensive Team.
Paul George is also a big fan of video games, the number 13 Oklahoma City Thunder professional athlete expressed:
“If you know me, you know my game never stops. Whether I’m at home or on the road, I’m always playing on my PS4, which is why I’m excited to announce my official collaboration between Nike Basketball and PlayStation with the PG-2 “PlayStation” colorway.”
Souce: (3) PlayStation Blog [US]
Photo credits to PlayStation via PlayStation blog
In order for this new innovative shoe to be created, designers from PlayStation and Nike had to plan in detail and work together to bring this concept to life. PlayStation and Nike took inspiration from the DualShock controller 4 and the iconic symbols on each PlayStation product, the iconic P and S logo in paticular and others to create the aweome new colorway. Paul George addressed that it was an honour that he got the opportunity to use these shoes on his home court and outside of his work.
Check out the awesome and interesting features of the colorway basketball shoe:
- The tongues of the shoe sport the PG and PlayStation logos, which illuminate and pulsate blue just like when turning on the console
- The back heel of the left shoe has a unique barcode that contains a PSN voucher code, which can be redeemed at PlayStation Store for a Paul George Dynamic Theme for your PS4
- The colors of the sneaker pay homage to the buttons on the DualShock 4 controller
- The iconic PlayStation symbols are embossed in patent leather on each shoe
- The look of the PG Dynamic Theme is reflected in the sock liner on each shoe
I consider myself one of the biggest gamers in the NBA. Ever since getting my PS2 for Christmas as a kid, my game has gone with me wherever I go, so working with PlayStation was something that felt inevitable.
The PG2 “PlayStation” colorway drops globally on February 10, 2018. For more information on the release, download the Nike SNKRS app.
Source (3) PlayStation Blog [US]
Date published: 21/01/18
Written by: Joseph Opoku