Today Namco released an article about the latest update for home consoles. The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. In my opinion the update is indecisive it works for the most part but on the other it really doesn’t I am a passionate Tekken fan/player but I want Bandai Namco Entertainment to try again and actually fix the netcode. This is coming from a PlayStation 4 standard slim player by the way I main Hwoarang/Asuka Kazama.
At this point in time Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has the best online Tekken, Tekken 6 was bad and Tekken 7 is weird it’s 50/50 I like it but I also dislike it. I really love this IP and want Tekken to ascend to greatness in the Fighting game community worldwide.
Check out my test of this update below:
These words are from Bandai Namco/Tekken:
The Ver.1.03 patch includes some improvements and game design modifications regarding the following topics observed in Ver.1.02.
This patch has been released for PS4 as of 05/07/2017. The following are the PS4 patch notes.
A further announcement will be made when the patch is released for Xbox One and Steam.
- Improved match makings in Online modes.
Now it takes less time to find an opponent in Online modes.
- Improved usability in Player Match.
Now the game offers more opportunities for players to navigate through the menu in Player Match sessions.
This change should allow players to leave sessions more easily.
- Adjusted the restriction of the revenge match in Ranked Match.
Now players can have unlimited revenge matches with the same opponent in Ranked Match.
- Fixed a revenge match related issue.
Fixed an issue where an opponent’s character and name are sometimes changed upon having revenge matches.
- Made some sound volume adjustments in Jukebox
Adjusted the BGM volume in Jukebox for TEKKEN 1, TEKKEN 2, TEKKEN3 and TEKKEN4.
- Made some color adjustments to certain Customization items.
This is to fix an issue where players can set certain colour values (Black) to certain items in a way that was not originally intended by the dev.
- Adjusted Leo’s Character Customisation.
Fixed an issue where Leo’s upper body disappears when equipping certain items.
- Game design adjustments.
Adjusted some behaviours in the game regarding certain character’s moves.
Fixed an issue where some characters’ throw moves don’t properly reflect Rage state.
- Match making is more consistent
- Finding opponents to fight online is better
- Gameplay is smooth and works well on PlayStation 4 slim
- This update brings competitors together
- Players are still rage quitting
- Sometimes the online stops automatically weird
- Indecisive Network
Written by SCORPZGCA