Food Wars also known as Shokugeki no soma was one of the most iconic and unique slice of life/cooking anime I have ever come across on the internet. When I first found out about the show I did not think it would be all that good since I am a battle shounen fan I like to watch anime like: Bleach, Naruto, YuYu Hakusho, My Hero Academia, Yu-Gi-Oh, Shaman King, Dragonball Super, Beyblade and many others.
Battle anime get’s me going, I admire the skill it takes for these mangaka, producers, actors, writers and anyone else who works in the anime industry in Japan and in the West. Soma is an amazing cook he wants to surpass his father Jōichirō Yukihira who is a master cook.
Below there is a demonstration on how to cook a MINI SOUFFLÉ OMELETTE from Food Wars check out I left the recipe too for anyone who wants to cook this delicious meal.
Ingredients for Mini Soufflé Omelette:
- 2 eggs per omelette
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp cream for every 2 eggs
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup red wine
- Fresh parsley
To Make Mini Soufflé Omelette:
1. Finely chop the parsley for a garnish. Set aside. Finely chop or grate garlic clove. Set aside.
2. Open the can of diced tomatoes. Over low heat, warm up some olive oil in a pot, and dump in the garlic, letting it just warm through, about 30 seconds (don’t let it burn!!! Too high heat will kill it right away, as will leaving it on too long.)
3. Dump in tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and let simmer away, about 2-3 minutes.
4. Add in the wine, and continue to stir and simmer, another 2 minutes. Take off the heat, and set aside somewhere warm.
5. Separate egg whites from yolks. To the yolks, add cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk together. Set aside.
6. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, whip the whites until stiff peaks form, about 5-8 minutes.
7. Gently, fold in the whisked egg yolk mixture.
8. Heat a pan on medium. Grease the bottom with a little butter.
9. When ready, ladle in the egg mixture. Smooth out gently, and let cook one minute. Then, cover with a lid, reduce heat to low, and cook another two minutes.
10. To plate, scoot the omelette to the edge of the pan, and shuffle onto a plate. Flip over half of the omelette as you take it out of the pan.
11. Top with the tomato sauce, and garnish with parsley. Eat immediately!
Check back for more content on video games, comic book entertainment and anime & manga don’t forget to leave a comment and like and follow my blog.
Source: (1) Crunchyroll
Written by SCORPZGCA