Today Marvel released the official teaser trailer for the Black Panther 2018 superhero movie. The trailer starts with Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) having an engaging conversation with Ulysses Klaue/Klaw (Andy Serkins) seems to be shackled to a chair in shackles both of them are discussing Wakanda the home of Black Panther and African people.
Luscious waterfalls are seen, a secret entrance to Wakanda is seen, African people are seen, futuristic aircrafts’ are seen, gun men aiming at dogs are seen and oh did I mention Marvel’s richest superhero is seen. T’challa also known as Black Panther crawling through the jungle oh my what a fitting scene.
This teaser trailer was done right, showing subtle scenes of what any non suspecting, self-confessed comic book fan or movie watcher wants to see, originally this trailer was shown during this years NBA finals (Cleveland Cavaliers vs Golden State Warriors during the break on TV and Online )
Kevin Fiege (film producer and president of Marvel studios) said and I quote “This movie deals with Wakanda, an isolated country meeting the rest of the world”.
The trailer shows:
- Wakanda: The beautiful third world country with thriving waterfalls and many great Africans this land has vibranium that must be protected at all costs, vibranium is a fictional metal used to construct Captain America’s shield. There are several connections to Avengers Civil War and this movie.
- His Father: From 1:10 throughout the rest of the video T’Chaka voiced by John Kani (T’challa’s deceased father) is narrating an important message to the fans and to his son T’challa. “The world is changing soon they will only, they will only be the conquered and conquerers you are a good man, with a good heart and it is hard for a good man to be a king.”
- Black Panther potrayed by Chadwick Bosemen himself in all his glory, Vibranium was used to construct Ultron and in this film Vibranium is sacred and only used by royalty, Black Panther uses vibranium in a micro weave mesh in his uniform that stops incoming objects of their momentum. (Traditionally his powers are connected to an African herb that connects him to the Wakandan Panther God) Black Panther also cannot be stabbed since it is bullet proof. Additionally Black Panther uses the mineral known as vibranium in his footwear specifically the soles that enable him to survive great heights for example a fall from several stories high from a huge building if given enough momentum, the last feature of Black Panther’s suit is that Black Panther can scale walls and skim across water the Panther can also scale walls or skim across water. The field can be also used offensively to shatter or weaken objects, such as kicking something with the boots. He also used the other variety Anti-Metal, in retractable claws (This was seen in Avengers: Infinity War when Black Panther faced Bucky Barnes).
- African people: This trailer shows a lot more of the heritage of the Wakanda the amazing African Nation this movie is taking place. This movie is not just about T’challa but it revolves around his new-found responsibility he has to come to terms with being a King in Africa and that is not easy honour. As a king T’challa is going to need subordinates. Ayo portrayed by Florence Kasumba she is a member of the Dora Milaje and the head of security for King T’Challa, W’Kabi who is T’Challa’s loyal adviser portrayed by the actor in “Get Out” Daniel Kaluuy .
- African people part 2: Tribes such as the Dora Milaje / Nakia potrayed by Lupita higly is apart of this tribe and a skilled fighter love interest to T’Challa, Shuri T’challa’s sister who is potrayed by Leticia Wright. She is an heir to the throne until T’challa makes his own kids, she has taken the mantle of black panther in the comics and equal intelligence to Tony Stark she uses conclusive blasts. (Two modified blasts she created that she uses to blast a photon laser she uses this on enemies at close range and long-range) she is one of the brightest people within Wakanda responsible for some of the technological advances in Wakanda.
- African people part 3: Man ape who is portrayed by Winston Duke is also seen in this trailer he is T’Challa’s number one rival, he possess enhanced abilities that are equal to the mystical Wakandan white gorilla. This man got his powers by taking a bath in white gorilla blood.
- Super-villain: There are many factions and enemy combatants who want to weaken T’challa’s people and plan a coup d’etat. One of T’challa’s super villains’ is Killmonger portrayed by Michael B Jordan .
Source: (1) Marvel: Black Panther Teaser Trailer
Written by SCORPZGCA