The Gifted is the latest superhero TV series announced by Marvel Entertainment, the show is loosely based of Marvel Comics X-Men comic book universe where young people discover they have extraordinary abilities but are seen as a threat to humanity.
This show focuses on the Strucker family. Two members of the family the son (Andy) and daughter (Lauren) discover they are “gifted” and explore their new-found abilities. This show has the typical premise of mutants being discriminated due to their power but to an extreme level. These mutants are being hunted by a sinister group of government agents who are out for blood. Get ready for this new show this autumn.
Here’s the official blurb: “Family adventure series THE GIFTED, from 20th Century Fox Television in association with Marvel Television, tells the story of a suburban couple whose ordinary lives are rocked by the sudden discovery that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.” The show is written by Matt Nix of Burn Notice, and X-Men’s own Bryan Singer is directing.
The characters that will be starring in this new show will be:
- Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker: A father trying to balance his family responsibilities with his job as a district attorney.
- Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker: A mother struggling with her split from Reed and “increasingly challenging” teenage children.
- Sean Teale as Marcos Diaz / Eclipse: A rebellious mutant who can absorb and manipulate photons.
- Jamie Chung as Clarice Fong / Blink: A “sarcastic, lively” mutant with teleportation powers. The character was previously portrayed by Fan Bingbing in the film X-Men: Days of Future Past.
- Coby Bell as Jace Turner: A man struggling with the cold-blooded requirements of his job.
- Emma Dumont as Lorna Dane / Polaris: A brave and loyal mutant who can control magnetism.
- Blair Redford as John Proudstar / Thunderbird: A strong-willed mutant, leader of the underground community.
- Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker: One of the series’ central children, a “perfect” kid.
- Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker: One of the series’ central children, a sensitive loner who keeps to himself.
Stan Lee makes a cameo appearance in the pilot.
Written by SCORPZ0001